Code Of Conduct
- Events hosted by LindyHop Louisville are for everyone of every race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, physical appearance, religion, and more. These events are safe spaces, which means everyone has an absolute right to feel safe and respected. Respect each other and each others’ boundaries.
- We do not tolerate harassment of any kind. This includes offensive verbal comments, deliberate intimidation, stalking or following, inappropriate or unwanted physical contact, and any non-consensual sexual attention. Any behaviors, actions, or speech that result in making someone feel uncomfortable are unwelcome and will not be tolerated.
- We expect every person to take ownership of their own actions and language. If someone lets you know, verbally or non-verbally, that they are feeling uncomfortable, check your behavior, apologize sincerely, and make a change.
- We expect you to use verbal communication when asking someone to dance. Honor a person’s wish not to dance, and accept a “no thank you” gracefully and politely whether at a dance or in a class. Do not give unsolicited advice in classes or on the social dance floor.
- Swing dancing is for fun! It’s okay to take risks and try new things, be loud and silly at the right time and place, joke around, have some drinks (or not), relax and let loose. Before you come to the event, figure out how to do these things in a way that is safe, respectful of others, and contributes to an overall positive and fun environment. We plan to let the good times roll and we believe that fun is maximized when respect and safety are prioritized.
- We reserve the right to take any action deemed necessary to enforce this policy. Anyone in violation of this code could be subject to verbal warning, be asked to leave the event without refund, and/or, if appropriate, referred to law enforcement officials.